Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Get connected

Do you want your dream job right out of the gate? Well, you are going to have to work at it. I don't mean just preparing a resume or your portfolio. You have to network!

Networking is just building and maintaining relationships. With only 10% of the jobs out there actually posted, it really is who you know. There are many organizations out there that provide great face-to-face networking opportunities.

First, your local chamber of commerce is a valuable resource. They host business after hour events, ribbon cuttings and are usually connected to a local young professionals groups.

What is your field of interest? If advertising is your bag, look into the American Advertising Federation of Lincoln. If you are interested in graphic design, check out AIGA. AMA, PRSA and IABC are all clubs that have social activities to help you rub elbow with potential employers. Do a search for organizations that could supply you with that contact; ask your teachers, friends and coworkers for suggestions. There are a million groups out there that can help you.

To stand out, become involved in your clubs. Think of how many professionals you will get to know by volunteering on a committee or the board of directors. Work your way up and meet everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with LFDS after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:Le_Meridian Funding Service  (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of LFDS at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

    ReplyDelete