Wednesday, November 11, 2009

AdCampers: Watch out world!

I was completely impressed today by the students who attended AdCamp. This event, held at the Embassy Suites in Lincoln and hosted by the American Advertising Federation of Lincoln, brought together almost 50 students from colleges across Nebraska for a day of education and networking.

This new crop of soon-to-be graduates introduced themselves with confidence, asked all the right questions during the sessions, and seemed to soak up any and all information thrown their way.

If you are a student reading this post, I congratulate you. I commend you on your professionalism and courtesy. I would be honored to call you my colleague.

For those of you expecting some more tips on networking, check back tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with your comments on yesterday's students. The last time I came in to speak about copywriting and agency work, there were very few students with questions and even less interested in writing. Yesterday was refreshing...they asked all the right questions and seemed genuinely interested. What an awesome industry they've chosen to become part of. I wish them all the best of luck and hope to see their work someday.

    ReplyDelete